Technote – Integration
Resource Center »
Portfolio & Strategy
Standardized Integration Tools for Corporate Portfolio Management – GenSight has been designed from the ground up to be an open system.
The highly valuable transactional data and business intelligence produced by GenSight are easily accessible in a standardized meta-data format for other systems to utilize. Equally, GenSight can integrate with other applications, such as financial and ERP systems, to seamlessly merge this data into the portfolio management process.
Multiple Integration Options to Connect With Other Enterprise Applications
The benefits of the GenSight integration features are:
- A Data Mart that enables other enterprise applications to easily and rapidly access GenSight data to deliver flexible and fully synchronized reporting and integration capabilities.
- A Web Services Tier built upon industry standard protocols of extensible Markup Language (XML) and SOAP to enable data exchange and synchronization with ERP, budgeting and accounting systems.
- A Legacy System Interface that can extract data directly from other systems that do not support industry standard protocols such as XML. This interface is fully configurable and can run as a batch process or on-demand.
- A fully integrated interface to Microsoft Project Server. This enables fully synchronized data integration. For example, when someone changes a project plan in MS Project, the changes are detected by GenSight and the system is automatically re-synchronized.
- Document Integration with standard office productivity tools – such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, as well as support for universal formats such as XML and PDF.